Getting your PhD is a lot of work; besides coursework that you have to complete and you also have to look forward to spend a few years writing a dissertation for your degree but what if you could get you degree without that. A few universities do offer Ph.D. programs that don’t require you to complete a dissertation.
Universities in Australia first adopted this, but one school in the states has begun to offer these programs. These programs are based on coursework and exams to earn your Ph.D. degree. This doesn’t mean that you don’t have to do any research at all; most programs have you do research papers, which takes less time than a dissertation.
Schools That Offer Ph.D. Degrees Without Dissertations
- University Of Canberra: Australia’s University Of Canberra offers doctoral students several doctorate degrees that require coursework and some research papers to complete the program. Doctoral students have to take six semesters of coursework, and it has to be completed in ten semesters. This sounds like a lot of requirements, but it is still a short time frame than getting a Ph.D. with a dissertation.
- University Of South Australia: The University Of South Australia has many doctoral programs that available to their students. These programs require about fifty percent coursework and fifty percent research of some kind; each program is different on how much of each you have to do for the program, some require more coursework than research. But they don’t require you to do a dissertation.
- Colorado Technical University: Colorado Technical University is the only school in the United States that offers a Ph.D. degree without doing a dissertation. During your course of study in the programs, you will be doing coursework and research papers over the duration of your study at the university.
These are just three of the schools that I have found that have Ph.D. programs that don’t require you to write a dissertation to complete them. I hope that other schools follow in their footsteps on these kinds of programs. This gives the students less time in school and more time working in their field of choice. Since most of the time dissertations aren’t even read by anyone, and it is basically a presentation that you have to do to earn your degree. I don’t know why more colleges and universities haven’t adopted this practice for their programs as well.
A large amount of PhD and EdS students write dissertations that contribute to knowledge regarding education, and provide new insights on how to improve educational practices. The studies of graduates encourage the reforms and help make the educational process and policies more effective.
Why is Choosing the Topic for Your Dissertation so Important?
This work might turn out to be the crowning achievement of your education and the achievement by which your colleagues will judge you in the future. This topic determines your first major contribution for which you will be known in the academic community. The process of choosing the right topic can be overwhelming, but there are some pieces of advice that can help you out.
How Does One Choose a Relevant Educational Leadership Dissertation Topic?
Here are some tips for you that will provide more insight on the matter:
- Choose your topic with considerable care. Although choosing a topic might not look like a hard decision, you are locking yourself into one big project that will require a couple years to compose and then another year to make presentable.
- Realize the consequences of your dissertation. Whether you want it or not, this study is going to influence your career for many years to come. You should put considerable effort into it in order to make it publishable.
- Get some guidance from your advisor. You can turn to someonewho definitely has a larger overview of the field, and can help you out by suggesting a couple of topics for your dissertation so that it fits into your particular timeframe. You are lucky if you have a person with enough academic knowledge who can guide you along the way. Some professors might not want to get involved, because either they do not want to take the responsibility that usually goes with giving such advice, or they are just reluctant to donate their time.
- Define your approach. You may either choose a topic from the list that your advisor offers you, or take the risk and do everything by yourself. Let us be honest, there is a big chance that you might fail if proper cautions are not implemented. There is also a third alternative, in which you can come up with a specific topic yourself and present it to your advisor for approval.
- Use all the possible help. It is safer to use your mentor’s advice than to apply your own sink-or-swim approach.
This is a quick, easy to use guide on how to select a dissertation writing service in line with your most immediate and important academic needs. In many cases, students are pressurized by time and have not applied themselves sufficiently to writing coherently and in accordance with faculty instructions and rules. This guide also seeks to briefly address some of the issues associated with students’ shortcomings while impressing upon them the correct approach to take when selecting a dissertation writing agency.
In all spheres of working life, including academia, good time management is crucial in ensuring the successful completion of projects and job-specific tasks. Before selecting a writing agency to help with the completion of their dissertations, students need to put together a realistic work plan and complete enough reading, research, and own writing work. Once all of this is completed, they will be better positioned to make a coherent presentation to the writers of choice.
At this stage, the writing agency will not be teaching students how to write, although students who apply themselves correctly, will be able to learn from the dissertation writers’ demonstrations. These should be strictly in line with academic conventions and rules and the generally accepted practices of creative non-fiction writing. In the interim, students need to make a pre-emptive effort to acquire the necessary basic writing skills that will allow them to do all other thesis work, including making a presentation to their outsourced writers. Unfortunately, not enough formal training has been provided to high school students to equip themselves properly for academic life.
Seeking the right collaboration
But such shortcomings can always be overcome provided that students have the will and correct attitude to do this. Assuming that students are in a position to make a good presentation to the writers they are designated, the writers, in turn, will then be able to fulfill fully the students’ mandate. When selecting the agency, students must make sure that they are able to verify all related credentials.
This short guide has shown that by properly grounding themselves in their dissertation work and adopting the correct responsible and proactive attitude, students can enter into a successful academic partnership with dissertation writers who, with the correct credentials and extensive experience to hand, can help students.
So you are writing a PhD thesis. This should be a milestone in your academic career that is going to allow you to express your expertise in the field of your study. Now it is time to get started and one of the first things that a doctoral candidate has to do is go create their thesis that will include the basic premise that they will be contributing to the core of knowledge involving the subject. There are a few reasons that you should be careful while using sources for a PhD thesis. Follow these guidelines and there will be very few problems in starting your thesis statement and soon your dissertation will be changing the educational world forever.
Defense will be Difficult
Much of a thesis for a dissertation is going to be designed to be defended by the author in front of a committee of people assigned by the learning institution. This is why the sources need to be considered appropriately before they are used as a source. A poor choice could cost a student from achieving the degree they are looking for. When a source is used then the research done by that source is accepted by the author and if that source provided poor research techniques then you are going to be answering for those mistakes and poor practices. The smarter choice is to only choose sources that are impeccable and provide widely accepted vital information. Then the doctoral candidate can spend their time defending their ideas and not the work of others.
There is going to be a sense of credibility provided with the sources that a writer uses is unquestioned authorities in the field that is being talked about. As academic people see that your research is built on the solid bedrock of experts, then your work will be easier to accept without a whole lot of questioning. There are going to be people who will make a judgment on your work based on the sources that you use rather than the information that you provide within the work that has been completed.
Your dissertation will provide the long and detailed argument that is going to defend your thesis. These sources that you use in order to guide and backup your research need to be viable and complete options. Remember to choose sources for your thesis and dissertation that you would be proud to defend and that are widely accepted by academics that will most likely make up your doctoral committee.
The first time a student attempts to write a dissertation, they’re often overwhelmed and concerned by how ill-prepared they feel. The fact of the matter is, many students are simply taken aback by the scope of the project, and they truly are prepared—they just need a little bit of coaching to help them see that their prior learning has prepared them to tackle a dissertation. These three stages will be a great help to anyone struggling with writing their dissertation.
- Stage One: Preliminary Research
In this case, “preliminary” means before even committing to a subject let alone a thesis statement. Obviously, the bulk of the research will be completed after this point, but it’s vital for a student to know from the beginning that they will actually be able to complete their dissertation and adequately defend their thesis with the information currently available. Students can consider this step a preliminary literature review, and in fact, it can streamline their later literature review process, if they take care to make a list of viable sources during this stage. Too many students think that every intriguing idea will make a great thesis statement; they need to keep in mind that a great thesis statement is only “great” if it can actually be supported by the research.
- Stage Two: Staying Organized
When students are passionate about a topic, they tend to research in a thousand different directions at once. While it’s completely normal to switch gears often during the research stage, it’s also important to remain focused so that one doesn’t end up with a lot of unrelated material which can’t be formed into a cohesive final paper. Students should, as soon as their main ideas begin to take form, begin filing their notes into categories which will become the eventual sections of the dissertation.
- Stage Three: Outlining
Outlining is seen, quite unfairly, as a waste of time for many students. However, when writing a dissertation, outlining can actually be quite a time saver. Students should begin by outlining each section of the dissertation on its own, and should focus on the body of the paper; the introduction and conclusion are far more easily formatted after they have a finished body to reference. This will make for a better structured and more smoothly flowing dissertation, and will also save them rewriting time.
Exploring an interesting topic area in the field of biology to create an effective thesis would not be an easy job. Even though you have attempted research papers and term paper assignments in the past on the same subject but a doctoral thesis is different. This is the project, which will decide your qualification as a doctor. If the dissertation committee members in your medical college do not approve of your ideas or paper, you will not be able to qualify for your degree. Even though your instructors and professors both will want you to qualify and score well in your paper but you need to be well prepared and put your efforts in it.
The topic that you choose for a doctoral thesis in your biology assignment will decide much about your paper. Keep the following in mind to choose a good topic
The topic of the assignment needs to be original and explore a unique aspect that no one has yet discussed. Even if someone has discussed the subject, you should define why he or she failed in addressing a certain gap and how your research is different
The topic of the biology thesis should be able to attract attention of your readers and hook them until the rest of the assignment. The members of the dissertation committee are not aware of your project and they will only get an idea by what you explain them
Most important of all, you should choose that area to write your doctoral project, which you are passionate about. This will help you stay motivated and dedicated for the rest of your project, as you will have personal affiliations and interest in the subject. Remember to stay objective and use strong data to support your stance in the paper
Unique biology topics for a doctoral thesis
Here are some original ideas to help you choose the title of your paper
- The study of Timarcha Tenebricose (bloody-nosed leaf beetle)
- The role of microorganisms in protecting and shielding our skin
- The amount of bacteria living on our human bodies
- Ecology and study of environment
- The impact of drought in certain areas on Katy and Dabinett
- The real life case for altruism is dogs towards humans
- The case of a surviving rabbit with mepherdrone
- Parasites, their life cycle, types and habitat
- Respiratory system in aquatic life
This article shows you how to choose strong dissertation topics on the subject of domestic violence. It does this by expanding on the sociological problem and by way of suggesting a proactive approach to finding those topics. It is concluded with a suggestion on how the paper could look.
The problem of domestic violence has been with American society for generations. Today, in spite of legislation designed to curb this scourge and strong law enforcement methods, domestic violence has continued to spiral rather than level off and decrease, statistically speaking. The problem is complex because there are numerous factors that affect all sectors of society that are the cause of this. Also, these factors are not always interrelated. Pertinently, poverty and lack of education (and the causes of these) have popularly been blamed. But the causes and incidences of domestic violence occur across all economic and cultural sectors.
Proactive and extensive research
Because the subject of domestic violence is widely prevalent and spoken about in different forums and media outlets, the perception is that selecting dissertation topics that stand out won’t be laborious. Granted, more than enough information from many outlets are available to suggest ideas and areas of research, but the purpose here is to create a persuasive document that may well invoke action by role players. Think, for instance, in terms of successful peer reviews where consensus is reached on the proposals being made. In order to come up with original topic, ideas begin by conducting extensive research in the most affected areas of society and use that as a base for expanding your composition of thesis ideas and new talking points.
Dissertation paper outline
Because the subject remains complex and your extensive research (should) consist of a detailed body of work, you will have more than enough data to put together a detailed paper. Prepare and create your essay outline conforming to required academic conventions. Only after you have completed a first draft is it a good idea to rework your topic idea if instinct tells you that this may be necessary.
This article has given you a brief tour on how you could choose your own thesis-writing topics on the causes and problems related to domestic violence. By now, it should also provide you with further insight and encouragement to the degree that you already have a few topics in mind.
When it comes to writing your cover page for your dissertation, you may be wondering why it is such a big deal. When you are writing any other paper, it likely is not such a big deal. However, when writing your dissertation, there is a lot of information on the cover page that is not covered in other types of papers. Here are some general tips to make sure that you don’t blow it before the board even opens your dissertation and starts reading it.
- Determine your format
Your school will want your dissertation in a certain format. That is why you will need to make sure that you find out which format you will have to follow.
- Find an example
You can get a general idea of what the cover page should look like from an example. It can show you where things need to be and what you should include. It will give you a general idea of what the final product should look like and make understanding the instructions easier. You can find some examples right online. Check out the dissertation database in the resource library. Most of them have a separate section just for dissertations.
- Get a formatting guide
Even though a sample will help you figure out how to format your paper. It will be a good idea to get an actual formatting guide. It can let you know the actual spacing that you need. It will be hard to see what the margins should be by an example. That is where the guide will come in.
- Get a template
You can also get a template. It will allow you to set up your paper properly. You will just need to replace the information that is usually in brackets with your information. The template will usually tell you what to change the information to. It is a very helpful resource. You can usually find a sample in the templates that your word processor offers or you can find some online. It will be a very useful resource if you choose one in your format. Make sure that it is formatted in the right edition of your formatting style.
You can find here the information that will help you handle the cover page of your dissertation. You can find samples, get formatting device, and have it done for you.
The Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations is an initiative of an international institution to promote the creation, adoption, usage, and dissemination of “electronic” dissertations and theses. This is a huge step forward for academia. Students and scholars alike can benefit from this service in a number of ways. Whether you are looking for references, checking a citation, or researching your term paper, this service makes your life a thousand times easier.
To use the Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations, keep the following tips in mind:
- Access: Although a part of the database is freely accessible to all, other parts of the database are open to the Virginia Tech students only. You are required to have a Hokier Passport or a library card to access it. There is no cause for distress as there are some sections that are open only to the Alumni
- Select Search Parameters with Care: Your search parameters should be specific enough to lead to the right articles, sources, or references. For example, a scholarly article is one that is written by an academic for his or her peers. The target audience is not the public. Scholarly articles are published by academic journals, which are peer-reviewed. Peer-review means that the articles are approved by a board of academics of the same field and then published.
- If you enter, “scholarly article” in your advanced search parameters, the engine will turn in only those articles marked as scholarly, saving you time and headache.
- Do not let yourself lose sight of your goal: The biggest pitfall of using this database is in the immense quantity of information and data it contains. It is a veritable garden of delights! There is always the chance of being sidetracked and ending up in a mess of wasted hours. Well, not exactly “wasted,” but still that time was meant for your research.
- Do NOT think about finding a backdoor into the “students only” or “alumni only’ areas: Unless you want to be banned from one of the best resources available for conducting research. This is ditto for systematic downloading and plagiarism. The library is made for your use and the purpose is to make the theses and dissertations available to a larger audience across borders and divides. You can always email the custodians of the city of knowledge to ask for special access if you absolutely need it.
If you have decided to seek online dissertation help, you have made a choice that many other people have made before you. As you look for that perfect company online, use our tips to help you get the best fit.
- – The company matters-with the large accessibility of the Internet, a lot of companies have set up shop. Not all of these groups are reputable. Some are merely looking to take your money. Others want to give you an inferior product. As you search, look at how long the company has been in business, the charges for work, the references, and complaints filed against the group. Be a smart shopper. You can find an affordable and reliable company if you do your homework.
- – Know your writer-while you may not know your writer’s name; you have every right to know the qualifications of your writer. The more reputable companies require their people to take a test and to have certain standards. Those standards are very high in most cases.
- – Longevity-your company needs to have a long and established history on the web. It is just not safe to use a company that just began, one that changes its name a lot, and one that does not respond quickly to your requests or questions. Do yourself a favor and only look at groups that have an established history on the Internet.
- – Custom matters-you must request a custom paper. If your dissertation has been sued before, you could be accused of plagiarism. That is not what you want to worry about when you are ready to argue your piece. This request for a custom paper must be in the contract. Run your paper through a plagiarism checker right after you take delivery it. If it is not custom, demand a refund immediately.
- – Extra fees- as you get ready to sign the agreement, check for any clauses mentioning extra fees. And then ask if there will be supplemental charges. These charges, such as for editing or proofing, can add up quickly and double the final price. You have to carefully read all lines of the agreement for your paper.
Use our advice as you look for just the perfect writing online group to compose your dissertation. Following our advice will save you a lot of trouble in the future and will make your job easier.